1955 Ford Trucks on the Market

The year of our Lord 1955 was a great year for Ford trucks, and, if you happen to be looking for a 1955 ford truck for sale, I’ve found more than a few just on eBay and Craigslist alone. I’ve chosen a few of my favorites for this model year and I figured I would highlight the good and the bad about each of them. Since many of these old trucks have been restored by their owners in their home’s garage, it is sometimes difficult to know just what kind of shape they are in. Take this first truck, for instance.

Blue 1955 Ford Truck
Blue 1955 Ford Truck

Now, obviously, that is not a paint scheme that would have been offered by the Ford company back in the 1950s. It is, however, a very well done paint job, which shows that someone either spent a lot of time, or spent a lot of money for someone else to spend a lot of time painting this 1955 Ford F100.

Every bit of chrome on this truck, as well as the rims and rubber, is aftermarket. For my readers who aren’t savvy with automotive jargon, aftermarket parts are pretty much any parts that are “upgrades” as compared to the standard equipment offered by the original manufacturer.

Classic 1955 Ford Truck
Classic 1955 Ford Truck

This second 1955 Ford truck is a far better representation of exactly what these trucks looked like when they rolled off the Ford assembly line back in ’55, complete from the shark tooth grill to the classic white walled tires. The engine is an all original 295 cubic inch V8 that will most likely need a tune up by now. Although the rubber is new, the rims are the originals that came with this truck back in it’s heyday. The only modification that makes this truck not completely factory standard is the fact that the suspension has been lowered so that the truck doesn’t ride as high.

1955 Ford Truck Restoration
1955 Ford Truck Restoration

The final truck that I decided to feature I found on Craigslist, whereas the first two were both compliments of the illustrious eBay. The Craigslist advertisement for this truck states that the restoration work is at 95 percent completion. I’m not certain exactly where they came up with that figure, but it leaves you wondering just what that other 5 percent is that needs to be finished.  This truck is listed near Albany, New York, so, if you are interested in it, I would advise you to stop and take a test drive of it yourself. It could very well be that the last 5 percent is the lack of a transmission or some other necessary drive train equipment.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *