The 2011 Ford F450 is a thing of beauty. You may be wondering what this baby has to offer and why there is so much buzz about it. Well if you are looking for some information you have come to the right place. Here you will find out what Ford lovers love about this truck.
First off let’s talk about the engines; the 2011 F450 boasts heavy duty 6 speed select shift automatic transmissions with fords Torqshift technology. There is also the power take off provision and the van itself has straight frame rails behind the cab so that you can attach a variety of aftermarket bodies to your truck when necessary.
The truck itself has a number of standard features; quite a number if I might add. Here is a list of the major features that you will find on the standard model;
• Blunt cut and labeled 7 wire harness trailer tow
• SRW 28 gallon capacity fuel tank
• DRW 40 gallon capacity fuel tank
• Advance Trac Roll Stability Control
• 6.2, 6.7, 6.8 liter engines with 2, 3 and power stroke valves with Turbo Diesel capability
• Traction Control by the engine only
• Stabilizer bars on front and back
• Integrated step pad on front bumper
• 2 front tow hooks
• Two moonbeam suspension; twin coil in front
• In the 4×4 you have manual locking hubs and manual transfer
• Manually telescoping trailer tow mirrors
• Power steering
• SEIC – Stationary elevated idle control
• Roof clearance lamps
• Four Upfitter switches
These are not the only features that these trucks have as they contain a number of safety and security features. These include Airbags for the front both driver and passenger sides and front seat side airbags. The airbags also feature a safety canopy system that allows for roll fold side curtain airbags. There is also a passenger side deactivation switch for the airbags in that vicinity. There is the front seat safety belt reminder and the brakes have anti lock brake system with power 4 wheel disk. There are also top tether anchors for a child safety seat if you need to have one installed. The Ford F450 also has a Post Crash SOS alert system and the trucks that have gas engines come with a fail-safe engine cooling system.
This truck is definitely worth it and if you are on the market for one of Ford’s best masterpieces this should be your first choice!